Chief Business Officer & SVP, Paytm
I love the possibilities of how digital technology, eCommerce, advertising, and payments can bring an impact to consumers worldwide. Over the last 16 years, I have helped companies build a strong sustainable business, brand, digital transformation, high-performing teams, consumer-friendly products, and efficient operations which brought an impact in both topline and bottom line. I have worked in billion-dollar digital and consumer internet companies such as Paytm, One97 Communications, Interactive Avenues (now part of IPG), Yahoo! in domains like payments, fin-tech, eCommerce, digital marketing and advertising technology.
Ever since I was a kid at school or college, the internet and technology always fascinated me. I assembled computers when I was 18yrs, written code, installed software and sold them earning my first $10,000 when I was 19. Post my MBA went ahead starting as a Co-founder of a technology startup in 2003 where we built an online marketing technology to manage online marketing campaigns through portfolio bid management model (like stock market) to derive best ROI for clients in North America like blinds.com, great expectations, posters.com, DebtXS on search engines like Overture, Yahoo (even before Google launched) and successfully sold it in 2007.
My achievements include:
- Scaled topline in Paytm eCommerce to $2bn in FY2019, reduced operation costs by 1/3rd and set up a high performing team of category business, operations, growth, and product teams.
- Hobbytoys startup with more than 500k customers became the only online eCommerce company and brand in India with more than 5000 licensed automobile and superhero replica toys which include Harley Davidson, Ducati, Benelli, Mercedes, Porsche, Royal Enfield, Funko, Marvel, NECA, and Hasbro.
- Worked closely with CXO's in helping them take a digital leap in marketing, advertising, payments, and business. These leading brands are Samsung, Apple, Vivo, LG, Coke, HSBC, FedEx, ICICI Bank, ICICI Prudential, Mahindra Auto, Dell, Citibank.
- Grown advertising sales to $7mn/month in Interactive Avenues and it became the No.1 digital marketing agency in India. It got acquired by IPG.
- The only company in 2004 which achieved a ROAS of 10x in digital marketing through proprietary search engine marketing platform "BidOptima" (now NetElixir) for North American brands like blinds.com, posters.com, great expectations, debtXS and more.